Cool Picture Effects - September 4, 2018
Portrait Photography Tips That’ll Add a WOW Factor to Your Photos - September 3, 2018
Photography Tips for Taking Awesome Pics on Your Digital Camera - September 2, 2018
Fashion Photographer Salary - September 1, 2018
How to Set Up a Quick DIY Photo Booth in No Time - August 31, 2018
Do Not Miss These Tips for Shooting Stunning Black and White Photos - August 30, 2018
Epic Senior Picture Ideas That’ll Help You Cherish Your Memories - August 29, 2018
Incredibly Creative Poses for Family Photos - August 28, 2018
Get the Perfect Snap of Your Newborn With These Photography Ideas - August 27, 2018
Newborn Photography Poses That Capture the Special Moment Perfectly - August 26, 2018
Digital Photograph Tutorial
Today, digital photography is considered the most popular not only in the business industry but also for personal use. For all those who have shifted from film cameras, it is vital that you know the different terms related to it.
The first part of the digital photography tutorial will focus on the basic parts and terms you need to know before handling a digital camera. Below are the common terms used in digital photography:
- Pixel means the tiniest part of the digital photo. A photo image is composed of combined millions of pixel.
- Resolution the over all quantity of pixels in a photo. Increasing the resolution would make the image become sharper. Thus more pixels are needed to achieve a better photo image quality.
- Mega pixel a photo composed of three to four mega pixels will have a better quality that a photo with only one mega pixel.
- Dots Per Inch (DPI) this term is used to describe quality of the computer monitor and printer. Specifically, laser printers have more dpi resolution than monitors. Hence, higher the dpi resolution means better quality.
- JPEG (joint photographic experts group) it correspond to the format for saving images in the digital camera.
- Memory Card this is where the digital files are stored. Memory cards consist of different sizes and capacity. A memory card with higher storage capacity would be more convenient to purchase.
- LCD (liquid crystal display) almost all digital cameras have this specification. The purpose of LCD is for the photographer to be able to view the scene first before capturing the photo.
Now that you already understand the first part of the digital photography tutorial, the second part will discuss basically on correct handling of digital camera.
Proper handling of digital camera is the next important step in digital photography. This is because the success of a digital photographer depends on his output. And the key to achieve quality photos starts in the way you use and handle the digital camera.
Learning how a digital camera works, understanding the strategies in taking photos, and how to take indoor and outdoor pictures are all part of the things a beginner should learn.
Below is the second part of the digital photography tutorial. These are good ideas to help beginner master the secrets of taking photos.
1. Pay attention to the subject
One of the most fundamental digital photography tips. You should be able to compose carefully by working on the frame. Play with your camera, and explore the different shots. Avoid positioning your object at the center of the photo, as it may result to dead center image.
2. Capture Close Up Photos
Take great images by capturing them in extreme close up. Close up photos add a little creativity and excitement to the photos. In addition, this feature is only of the different ways to enhance you photo.
3. Use a tripod
Oftentimes digital cameras results to blurry photographs if your hands quiver a little. Getting a tripod will surely save your effort from taking low quality photos, and preserve otherwise great photos.
4. Be active. Try creative shots.
Take photos from the top of a hill, or off the side of a yacht. Go outside and explore your environment. You’ll surely have fun taking those once in a lifetime photo shots.
5. Join a photography class
Your learning doesn’t only focus on the practical part. You must not only learn through your experience. Learning from an expert would also help to improve your skills as a photographer. Try to join a photography class in your community, or if there are online classes you can log on.
Becoming a professional digital photographer really takes time. You just have to be resourceful and keep on trying new techniques. Start by learning the digital photography tutorial because this will serve as a stepping stone for your future career growth.